10 awesome Star Wars film facts
Oh noes it's another damn post on key facts about Star Wars! But you know you love them! So here's ten sweet facts about the Star Wars movies that every self respecting fan boy should know.
- The only characters that appear in all 6 films form the most famous robot pairing in history, R2D2 and C3PO. You could argue Obi Wan Kenobi also appears in all 6 movies albeit with two different actors and two appearances as a ghost. That argument could be rendered moot by the fact the robots also appeared in the Star Wars Holiday Special which is technically considered Star Wars cannon!
- The Millenium Falcon has a cameo appearance in Revenge of the Sith. In an all too brief shot it is seen landing on Coruscant.
- Return of the Jedi was originally going to be called Revenge of the Jedi. It was also going to have a really dark ending where Luke Skywalker was going to take over the Empire by himself, presumably after killing the Emperor and Lord Vader.
- A lot of people cite Mon Mothma as being the only other female in the original Star Wars other than Leia as having a role of any really importance. How everyone forgets Aunt Beru.
- In early drafts of Star Wars, Luke’s last name was Starkiller and he was a General.
- Boba Fett was first seen in The Empire Strikes Back right? Nope, technically his first appearance was in an animated segment of The Star Wars Holiday Special. It is the only good part of that movie.
- Frank Oz who is the voice for the most famous little green guy in cinema history, Yoda was also the voice of the Muppet’s Miss Piggy. It was because of his talents that he developed with Jim Henson that saw him get the call up. He also did the puppetry.
- Return of the Jedi’s Ewoks were originally intended to be a tribe of Wookie, however it was eventually realised that given Chewbacca could fly the Millennium Falcon, Wookie were not so primitive and thus the entire plot of the Ewok attack on the Shield generator would have seemed a nonsense. The Ewoks thus came into play for this reason – and also apparently it was thought a lot of kiddie friendly Ewok teddy bears and associated merchandise could be sold. You saw Caravan of Courage right?
- Richard Marquand suggested that Leia should be the one who killed Jabba the Hutt.
- The Phantom Menace's Darth Maul has a grand total of ten horns on his head.
Did you think this was a good list? Here's 101 bits of trivia about Star Wars! Oh, and some about the Prequels.