10 of the most obscure Star Wars facts. Number 3 is out of this world!
Star Wars fans love a good bit of trivia and there's plenty of it to around - here's 10 bits that you might not have come across before.
- The Bantha milk drank by Luke and Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru in A New Hope is blue. Coincidentally or not, the code name for Return of the Jedi was Blue Harvest.
- The planet name of 'Coruscant' was created by Star Wars author Timothy Zahn for his book Heir to The Empire. George Lucas liked the name and included shots of Coruscant, the Imperial Capital at the end of the Return of the Jedi movie. It then featured in the prequels.
- Han Solo’s space ship the Millennium Falcon has a very small blink and you'll miss it cameo appearance in Revenge of the Sith. It is seen landing on Coruscant.
- It was Return of the Jedi’s director Richard Marquand who came up with the idea of having Leia turn up to Jabba’s Palace disguised as a bounty hunter.
- When Luke claims Chewbacca is a prisoner transfer from cell block he mentions the number 1138, this is a direct reference to George Lucas’s first film, THX 1138. That film was about a dystopian future where a authoritarian regime was in control – a not to dissimilar state of affairs in Star Wars.
- Han Solo’s “I know” line in response to Leia’s declaration of love as ad libbed by Harrison Ford. It’s become an iconic Star Wars quote.
- "I've got a bad feeling about this" or a variation of it is spoken in every movie.
- R2D2 is taller than the Ewok 'Wicket' from ROTJ. Kenny Baker who played was originally going to play Wicket however illness prevented him from doing so, thus giving Warwick Davis a chance to stake a claim in Star Wars lore.
- Mace Windu is the only Jedi in any film to wield a purple colored lightsaber. Here's some of his quotes from the prequels.
- None of the Star Wars films have credits at the beginning of them. This actually became a really big deal and meant Lucas quit various film institutions such as the Director's Guild and Stars Wars films were considered independent movies as result.
What's that you say? You loved this trivia and you want more Star Wars facts?