Are there any Mass Effect fans out there? The Mass Effect trilogy is well known for making reference to all kinds of popular culture mediums such as the film The Hunt for Red October and the television series, Firefly and Battlestar Galactica. Star Wars however would appear to have taken the award for most references and easter eggs being placed in the three games.
Here's all the references made to Star Wars that we could find.
- There are several instances of the classic line "I have a bad feeling about this." being uttered by nervous characters.
- The Krogan Wrex say's "It's a trap" after being ambushed by Geth. Which kinda makes sense as he looks a little bit like Admiral Ackbar.
- Upon seeing the Sovereign appear over the Citadel, the line "Look at the size...", is dropped, and is a likely nod to A New Hope when Luke Skywaker sees the Death Star for the first time.
- Miranda's loyalty mission takes leads you to docking bay 94, which is the same number for the docking bay the Millennium Falcon was found in A New Hope.
- When Commander Sheppard assists the Cerberus scientists escape the attacking soldiers the line "The first transport is away.." is cheerily announced and is a reference to the Rebels escaping the planet Hoth in Empire Strikes Back.
- A lot of the characters that can be found in the Docks on the Citidel have the costumes and colours that appear to be inspired by the Star Wars universe - such as the orange jump suit Luke Skywalker wears in Empire Strikes Back.
- If you look at the Rachni ravagers (the ones with sacs) side on, they kind of look like those Droideka robots that 'roll' around in The Phantom Menace, this might be a bit of a stretch though: