Star Wars Easter Eggs
There are plenty of Easter Eggs to be found in Star Wars and in other films that give a nod to the series. Here's seven of our favourites.
- George Lucas made his first Star Wars cameo in Revenge of the Sith. He dressed as a Pantoran senator, Baron Papanoida. You might not have recognised him as he all dressed up in blue body paint! His daughter also cameoed with him at the same time.
- A few of Steven Speilberg's E.T. characters appear as senators in Revenge of the Sith.
- The popular 'Pod Race' video game that was a tie in the the Phantom Menace showed up on a VDU in Attack of the Clones.
- The Millenium Falcon is spied landing on Coruscant in Revenge of the Sith. This was prior to Lando or Han Solo owning it!
- R2D2 had a wee moment in Star Trek Into Darkness where he was spied being flung into space in an explosion. This also happened in Abram's first Star Trek movie. How did this happen? A certain company called ILM may have done the special effects CGI on both films!
- The little droid and his golden friend also appear in Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Ark
- When C-3PO is initially activated by Anakin, a nod is made to the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. Golden Rod's first words are “I am completely operational, and all of my circuits are functioning perfectly.” This is a direct quote used from the infamous HAL 9000.