HAN SHOT FIRST.
And that's all this article about how freaking cool Han Solo is will say about that matter. But here are plenty of things cover about one of the greatest Space Pirates ever.
- Harrison Ford famously was never intended to be Han Solo, he was just hanging around after American Graffitti and was helping other actors read their lines as Lucas was in the casting process. Eventually Lucas wised up and realised Harrison already had the part down cold.
- In Empire Strikes Back, Ford ad-libbed his line "I know" in response to Leia's "I love you". It's become one of cinema's most famous quotes. People say it to each other all the time, 30 years later.
- Ford's ex-wife, Melissa Mathison, wrote the script for the Speilberg film "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial".
- Carrie Fisher had to stand on a box for most of her scenes with Harrison in the original Star Wars films because she is a foot shorter than him. This was done so the actors would look better in the frame shot together.
- Awesome quote "Great kid, now don't get cocky"
- In the very short lived T.V. show Firefly, a model version of Han Solo frozen in carbonite can be seen in many places - the props department would move it around as a running gag. Presumably this was kind of like how Superman appeared in every episode of Seinfeld.
- Harrison is the only actor to have appeared in films directed by all three of these directors: Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola
- Han Solo grabs Princess Leia’s breasts during the Battle of Endor. Space Pirates...
- The award Han and Luke receive at the end of Star Wars is called the Alderaanian Medal of Freedom. Which is nice as they are on the planet Yavin....
- Han came into ownership of the Millennium Falcon by beating Lando Calrissian in a game of Sabac. That's how they new each other before the audience first sees them greet each other in Empire.
- Here's how Han and Chewbacca met.
- Another awesome quote: Never tell me the odds!
- In the original trilogy, Han Solo is the only non Jedi to wield a light saber sword. Refer to the scene during Empire when Han slices open a taun taun to place Luke within. Which allows us to share this quote: "and I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"
- George Lucas had originally envisioned Han Solo to be a huge green-skinned monster with no nose and gills. Not happy with this Lucas changed the idea of Han Solo to a black human. He auditioned several black actors and Billy Dee Williams shuffled through for an audition. Ultimately Han Solo was cast as a white Harrison Ford but not before James Caan, Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro and Burt Reynolds had all turned down the part. That green guy we mentioned? We guess he became Greedo. You know, the guy that shot second.