Facts about Mos Eisely
Ben Kenobi famously described Mos Eisely as a hive of scum and villany where people need to be cautious. The place has become a cultural touch stone in many ways.
It's where the storm troopers didn't find the droids they were looking for. It's were Luke met Han and the infamous Han Shot First Mantra has spread beyond Star Wars.
They even named a whiskey after the place in the film Young Adult.
So what's there to know about the place? Here's some facts:
- The first view of Mos Eisley in Star Wars where Obi Wan delivers his famous quote about it being a place of villany and scum, is was shot from a place called Death Valley in California from what is known as Dante's View. with a matte painting added in the distance to create the visual.
- The real-world locations for places around Mos Eisley were filmed in Tunisia
- Check out the drink dispensers from the Cantina - one of them was recycled into assassin droid IG-88.
- The name of the famous cantina is Chalmun's Cantina. A well known haunt of freighter pilots and a host of other dangerous characters it is where Han shot Greedo first and where Obi Wan cut off Ponda Baba's arm.
- The Cantina had a 'no droids' policy.
- The name of hangar where the Millennium Falcon takes off from in A New Hope is docking Bay 94.
- If you want to know more about IG-88, check out the short story in which he attempts to take over the world.
- The band that plays the famous "Cantina' music is called Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes. The bald players are known as Biths. You can hire them for weddings.